Flower have always played a big role when a loved one passes away. The grieving family may receive flower arrangements at their home as a token of love and support from friends and relative. Flowers will be at the funeral service itself in arrangements such as casket sprays, wreaths and more. And flowers may be sent to the funeral homes in Medina, TN. to use in services such as visitations.
Just as it is common to see flowers at funerals it is also common to see certain types and colors as well. This is because flowers each hold their own special meaning or representation making some more appropriate to send over other types.
If you are planning to send funeral flowers, but aren’t sure what type to send, don’t worry as you are not alone. This task can be dauting for many people. That’s what today we are going to talk about funeral flowers, popular arrangements as well as most commonly used flowers.
What Are Funeral Flowers?
Before we get started, we need to be clear about what funeral flowers are as these flowers are different than sympathy flowers. When we talk about funeral flowers, we are referring to arrangements sent to the funeral home or church that will be used in the funeral as well as any other services. These are typically larger arrangements sent by family or very close family friends.
Sympathy flowers are those arrangements that are sent to the family’s home by friends, coworkers, etc. These arrangements are smaller in scale and are meant to offer support and condolences.
Funeral Flower Arrangements
Funeral flower arrangements can come in a variety of styles. The three most popular are:
- Sprays- These arrangements are made from long-stemmed plants and flowers and are typically seen covering the lid of the casket. They may also be seen being displayed in a flower stand
- Crosses, Hearts, Other Shapes- These shaped arrangements are normally placed near the casket during the service.
- Wreaths- A wreath arrangement is often displayed near the casket on an easel or other stand. These arrangements may also be taken to the burial site after the funeral service.
Meanings of Flowers
With flowers carrying special meanings, some are more appropriate for funerals than others. Some of the most popular flowers used for funerals include:
- Lavender- Signifies grace and purity
- Daises- Represent peace and hope
- Yellow lilies- Express thankfulness
- Irises- Represent faith, courage, wisdom, and admiration
- Orchids- Signify hope, love, and courage
- Gladiolus- Represent strength and integrity
- Tulips- Express love, peace, and hope
- Snapdragons- Show grace and strength
- Calla Lilies- Express rebirth
When Should You Send Funeral Flowers?
With funeral flowers being used for the funeral services, you will need to make sure you send the arrangement in time for the service. Also, while sympathy flowers will be sent to the family’s home, funeral flowers will need to be sent directly to the church, funeral home, or other location where the services will be held. Also, make sure to include the family’s name as well as the name of the deceased so that the funeral director will know what service the flowers should go to.
If you would like more information of funeral flowers or other services provided by funeral homes in Medina, TN, give us a call as we are always here and available to speak with you.